Learning that you have HIV can be a confusing and frightening time. You may experience a variety of emotions and may not know what steps to take next.
You are not alone. Westbrook Clinic has caring staff and offers comprehensive services to treat all aspects of living with HIV. We also have an extensive referral network and strong community collaborations to be able to connect you with most of the services and programs you may need. VAC and the Westbrook Clinic are committed to putting an end to HIV/AIDS infections in South Texas, and are dedicated to providing the best care possible to all persons living with HIV/AIDS regardless of citizenship. Only by reaching and providing compassionate care to all people with HIV/AIDS will we be able to control the spread of this disease.
Westbrook Clinic: To access services at the Westbrook Clinic, you will need to meet with our Linkage to Continuum of Care Specialists to discuss your needs and verify your eligibility. To lessen your wait time, we recommend you set up an appointment. To reach a Harlingen Specialist please call 956-428-2653 and to speak to a McAllen Specialist call 956-668-1155. We also welcome walk-ins.
Linkage to Continuum of Care Walk-In Hours for Harlingen:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8:00am–5:00pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 8:00am–8:00pm
2306 Camelot Plaza
Harlingen, TX 78550
Linkage to Continuum of Care Walk-In Hours for McAllen:
Monday through Friday: 8:00am–5:00pm
300 S. 2nd Street, Suite 101
McAllen, TX 78501
These are the documents you will need to access services:
- Identification (ex: Texas ID, LUPE ID, Matricula Consular, Tarjeta de elector, or TDCJ ID)
- 2 Proofs of Residence (Utility Bills, Lease Agreement, Mortgage Statement, etc)
- Proof of Income (Paystubs, last year’s W2 forms if employed, if unemployed supporters statement, Social Security Income Award Letter
- Copy of Medicaid, food stamp, ADAP or other private insurance card, if you have them (Note: Insurance is not required to apply for services)
- Proof of HIV status (Western Blot confirmatory)
- List of any current medications
- Any questions you might want answered
*You don’t need a U.S. Social Security Number or Insurance to access services
Don’t worry if you don’t have all of the documents required, the Linkage to Care Specialists will help you find or obtain the documents you need.
All clients who go through the Intake Process will receive a copy of the agency’s grievance procedure and a copy of the Consumer Rights and Responsibilities.
What to Expect?
You can expect your initial case management visit to take three-four hours. The clinic will be drawing blood during this first visit so please fast the day of your appointment (you are welcome to bring a snack with you for after the blood draw).
The purpose of your initial visit is to:
- perform a comprehensive assessment of your current situation
- determine which of our services can help you
- determine your eligibility for those services
- determine any outside services that could benefit you, and initiate any referral process those services require
VAC and the Westbrook Clinic offer a variety of services to our clients. Every case is different, and every person who comes to us for help has different needs, timing and resources. Our helpful staff are here to determine what help YOU need, what help you’re eligible for, and what outside services we can refer you to for assistance that we don’t provide. Don’t assume we can—or can’t—help you based on someone else’s experience; come in, talk to us, and let us work with you to get you the help you need.