What services does the housing department provide?
The housing department at Westbrook Clinic provides various housing services to persons in the community living with HIV.
Services offered include:
- Utility assistance
- Rental assistance
- Mortgage assistance
- Long term rental assistance
- Security deposit assistance
- Emergency hotel stays
- Transitional Housing for homeless individuals
Services are funded by the use of HOPWA (Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS), Ryan White, and other funding resources.
How do I qualify for this assistance?
The following must be met:
- At least one person in the household must be living with HIV
- Reside in Cameron, Hidalgo or Willacy County
- Meet certain income restrictions (if applicable)
- Demonstrate a need of assistance
- Be compliant with current rental unit standards
- Must apply with local housing authority under Section 8 or Low Income Housing
How long can I get housing assistance?
Housing assistance timelines are dependent on the service being received and other criteria. Please speak to a housing specialist for more detailed information about how long you can receive housing assistance, if eligible. All services are dependent on funding availability and eligibility.
Hidalgo County Housing Authorities
Cameron County Housing Authorities
Willacy County Housing Authority
Rio Grande Valley Shelters
Community Utility, Mortgage, and Rental Assistance
Community Veterans Assistance Programs